Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bed Rest

Well, many of you know that I have been put on bed rest since last Friday. My blood pressure has spiked a couple of times (168/104) and the doctors are concerned about preeclampsia. Today I took my BP and it was 128/76, almost my normal BP, I guess it is working. Best of all I haven't gone crazy...yet! The doctors say that they want to make it to 38 weeks so Landon will be here by the end of the month. That means I have 2 more weeks of being home. My doctor said I just need to be resting and at home, so I am glad that I am not stuck in a bed all day which helps. I am now getting 2 non-stress tests a week along with blood work and a doctors visit.

Yesterday at my appointment Landon continues to be moving well with a strong BP. The doctor also checked my cervix and it is barely at 1 but is softening. Also, she said that Landon is head down, which I figured. I think he is still lying on his side since I am getting kicked and punched ALL the time on my left side. Tomorrow I am getting another ultrasound which Grandma Sanderson is coming down for. Luckily there is not supposed to be ice or snow so it should not be a scary adventure for her like last time!

No comments: