Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Working From Home

Today I do not have any clients, but I do have a bit of paperwork to do. So, I got out my computer and started figuring out my case loads. As I was working in the kitchen, Diesel was playing in front of me. Then I heard him start scratching the door so I let him out and he went potty outside. (In fact today he has went to the door every time he had to go) It wasn't too long before he figured out that when he went to the door I stopped working and spent time with him.

The battle begins.

I cannot deny him from going outside, because he has to go to the bathroom, but most of the time I take him out he just sits down. After about 2 hours of this I started playing with him and then doing a little work. It has been helpful, but still hard to get anything done. In fact the only reason I can write this right now is because he is sleeping. I think he is in competition with the computer!

Needless to say I have realized today that we probably play a little too much with him to where he feels we HAVE to be playing with him. The new plan is to teach him it is OK to play alone. I know we spoil him!

No comments: